Shrooms are a euphoric drug derived from a natural plant, mushrooms. These mushrooms produce the hallucinogenic chemical psilocybin.
Psilocybin mushrooms can cause severe hallucinations lasting up to six hours. They can also cause vision changes and perceptual changes. This experience is also known as a trip.
Many people have to go through drug testing for legal or work reasons. You might wonder how long psilocybin could stay in your system.
The length of drug results on a test will depend on many factors.
- This is the drug’s half life. It refers to how long it takes for half the drug from your system.
- Dosage and frequency of usage
- Type of drug screening
- You can use other substances
- Your metabolism
Learn how shrooms are removed from your body and how long they stay on a drug screen.
What is the average time that mushrooms can stay in lab tests?
Drug testing is usually done using either 5-panel or 10-panel drug screens. These tests don’t usually check for psychedelic drugs, such as mushrooms or related drugs like LSD (acid).
It is possible for psilocybin to show up in a drug test, if there’s a reason to believe you’re using them.
While you won’t be drug-tested for mushrooms during a job interview or in criminal cases, your use of mushrooms may result in drug testing.
How long do mushrooms stay in your urine?
Psilocin remains in your urine for 15 hours after you use it. However, law enforcement can order a urine screening for psilocin if they suspect that you are using psilocin.
How long do shrooms stay in your hair?
Psilocybin or psilocin are not reliable in hair, at least according to current detection methods. While most drugs can be detected in hair for up to 90-days, it is unlikely that a hair test will detect shroom use.
How long do mushrooms stay in your blood?
It takes psilocin and psilocin about 15 to leave your bloodstream . This is why it’s more likely to be detected in blood tests. Blood tests for psilocybin should not be ordered unless there is a compelling reason.
How long do mushrooms stay in your saliva?
There are no commercially available saliva testing methods to detect psilocybin usage. Private tests that are available to law enforcement can detect the drug in saliva serum.
Is it possible to get shrooms out of your system faster?
There’s no way to limit how quickly shrooms leave your body
Different people will detox at different rates from shrooms. These are some of the factors that can affect detox duration:
- How often you take the mushrooms: Heavy mushroom use may prolong your life but is less likely to cause you to trip. Psilocybin tolerance may set in after one trip.
- Your health: Body’s that are healthier are more efficient at processing substances than those that aren’t. These factors include diet, sleep, hydration and chronic diseases like cirrhosis.
- Your metabolism: Genetics, weight and age all affect the speed of your metabolism. It is not the same for everyone.